Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Day 78. Day 11.

Hey guys.

Still no coffee and feeling good. Yes. I do miss it in the morning. Yes. When I think about not having it my day starts a little dimly. BUT. You know - it has been getting better and what does bring a smile to my face. A touch of coconut milk with some powdered, roasted, maca. I don't think I would call it quite delicious. I and it is nothing compared to a quad tall americano with a dash of heave whipping cream (oh, man - that sounds good).

As for the muscle-up. No I haven't gotten one. No I haven't gotten pull-ups. No I haven't gotten a ring-dip.

YES. I am still making progress.

My eating is SQUEAKY clean. Seriously. The changes since going on the Whole30. Well - reading all ingrediantes. Which means some of my vitamins are a no, no - like the D that I have - don't worry I got another D from my ND.

Beef jerkey or Turkey jerky or any jerky is mostly out because of the added sugar and soy.

No gum. The fake sugars. And the real stuff has sugar - so obvy NO.

Really, really, really - NO SUGAR. No honey, no agave, no raw sugar, no substitues - nada.

No chocolate. Even if it is above 82%

FOR REAL. No alcohol. NONE.

Um. Still low on fruit. Just blueberries as of late (I LOVE THEM).

Still low on nuts. I had too many cashews over a 3 day span - and def. felt it. So - if I want to perform better I know to nix the nuts. Sometimes I say f it b/c they are a very satisfying treat. But, I have learned that I need to purchase in small quantities when the need for the snack is prevalent. I don't do any of the nut butters - too dangerous.

From the original request from Jordan of no - added - fat - paleo. I have strayed. To keep sane. I am totally eating clean. BUT. I have been cooking in coconut oil. And doing some coconut milk. And just recently I have added back in an avocado as a choice. It keeps me sane. And so I am keeping it. And don't go C.R.A.Z.Y. on it so. Some added fat = good stuff.

OH - and check it. Robb Wolf who I strongly respect in the field of nutrition - and listen to his blog every tuesday... he actually answered one of my questions in my quest to find something to satisfy that is NOT coffee - it is all about maca - check it here:

http://robbwolf.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/The-Paleolithic-Solution-Episode-41.mp3

No comments:

Post a Comment