Monday, June 14, 2010

Dried Fruit.

Stumble. Stumble. Here is the thing about restrictive diets. At least, for me and restrictive diets. I want to eat things - that normally I have no trouble avoiding. Now that you tell me I can't. I want it. I feel like I have regressed to a five year old.

This weekend was tough. I wanted sugar. SUGAR. sugar.

So. Before the challenge I have been eating pretty paleo. Staying away from dried fruit and most fruit because of the sugar and carbs. I sometimes eat strawberries - especially because they are in season and DELICIOUS. But - I had taken apples and pears out - both of which had been my morning go-to.

This weekend. Because I was feeling deprived from my lack of oil adding and lack of almond/cashew/macadamia snacking - I decided I COULD have dried fruit - and I went a little over-board. Dried mangos, dried pineapples, dates... now keep in mind none of these had any added sugar, but, dude, they don't need to ... these little guys pack a punch - and I know that - yet give me a bag of dried mangos and I give you back a container of cellophane.

So. OKAY. Lesson learned. I am not ready to introduce dried fruit because apparently... I lack control.

Focus for this week is to tighten the dial slightly. Now with my parents out of town - I don't have to worry about eating out as much - so I should have the ability to focus up and dial in. I need to get creative with my snacky snacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment